Updated 21 August 2017
Unfortunately as you can probably guess, this blog is no longer actively managed, however I have left the blog view-able as it still contains some very useful information for the crafting community. However, as you know businesses come and go and information on-line is forever changing so I can not guarantee how correct the data and links are now.
The Crafty Network (TCN) started off as a Facebook Business Page & Blog that aimed to be an informative and useful place to Showcase Handmade Crafts. We provided support, networking and promotional opportunities for all handmade crafters, suppliers of craft materials and event organisers.
TCN was established in May 2011 on Facebook and had over 5000 fans, we had a presence on Twitter and on Pinterest too (which still exists), so this blog was a natural progression in helping the crafting community showcase their work. However due to changes to Facebook algorithms over time and the difficulty in getting posts viewed by all our fans, we no longer felt that a Facebook business page was viable and the Business Page closed in June 2014. We did however start a Facebook Group Page called The Crafty Network VIP’s, which is still going today (Click HERE to view Group).
These features on the Blog can be found via menu options across the top:
- Free Craft Directory ~ ‘Craft Directory’ a place to advertise your business for free and help people find your products and services much easier.
- Events Calendar & Tips ~ Includes a Directory of Craft Event organisers around the country and a Calendar of planned events. There is also a useful hints & tips area for selling at craft fairs, as well as details about Public & Product Liability Insurance providers and business’s that offer workshops and courses.
- Selling Your Crafts ~ If you are looking for ideas or places to sell your Crafts? Visit this section to find lots of options for you to consider as well as a list of Networking pages on Facebook that help you network and promote your items. You will also find a section about Selling Rules & Regulations.
- TCN Craft Challenges ~ We used to do a monthly craft challenge, here you can find information about past challenges and the winners.
- This Crafty Business ~ includes business services, Crafty Help Q&A’s, discussion topics and other business features.
- Tutorials ~ this section includes other crafters who offer tutorials via their blogs or websites.