Welcome to this months Blog Update. For some reason July seems to have been a long, long month, whether it’s been busy with all the craft events that seem to happen in July, or getting ready and looking forward for the summer holidays and kids finishing school, I’m afraid apart from the Challenges, the Blog has been a bit neglected this month, as you will see from the updates. I feel like I need a good long rest to re-charge my batteries and obviously think up some new stuff for the blog, what about you?
New Posts this month:
The Importance of Social Media: ~ https://thecraftynetwork.wordpress.com/2012/07/03/the-importance-of-social-media-to-business/
Lessons Learned ~ In crafting? ~ https://thecraftynetwork.wordpress.com/2012/07/16/lessons-learned-in-crafting/
No Showcase this month.
A Crafters Journey:
Diane is currently busy with her new job and is hoping to resume these posts again once she has settled into a routine and the holidays are over.
CRAFT DIRECTORY UPDATES (https://thecraftynetwork.wordpress.com/facebook-directories/)
There are continuous updates to these directories, so don’t forget if you are looking for a business that makes unique gifts and handcrafted items, check here first to save time searching around.
If you would like your business adding to any of the directories, please leave a comment against the category you would like to be added to, you can be added to more than one.
Events being added all the time.
– Workshop & Course Providers – offering silk painting courses, sewing, jewellery, children’s workshops etc.
Please get in touch if you offer any type of craft/arts courses/training and would like to be added. (https://thecraftynetwork.wordpress.com/craft-fair-tips-advice/workshop-course-providers/)
New photos of the winners and runners-up added this month from 2 Craft Challenges.
The Craft Challenge this past month:
- Book Inspired Crafts
- Sun, Sea & Sand Inspired Crafts
See the link for the rules etc: https://thecraftynetwork.wordpress.com/gallery/wednesday-mini-challenge-rules/
Thank you to everyone who has either entered these challenges and to those who have voted.
The Craft Challenge is taking a break for the summer holidays but will resume the w/c 10th September. Look out for the announcement on the 7th September. Thanks.
– Facebook Networking Pages (https://thecraftynetwork.wordpress.com/where-to-sell/facebook-networking-pages/)
Some new pages added and site stats updated.
– Where to Sell your Items: (https://thecraftynetwork.wordpress.com/where-to-sell/where-to-sell-your-crafts/)
No Updates to this section this month. Sorry keep meaning to tackle some more sites, but spare time has not been in abundance!
– Selling Rules & Regulations (https://thecraftynetwork.wordpress.com/where-to-sell/selling-rules-regulations/)
No New Updates.
THIS CRAFTY BUSINESS:
Due to other work commitments, Maeri will be unable to carry on with these posts at the present time. She is hoping that she may be able to resume them from September onwards.
– Business Services. offering services such as Web design, printing, Business Cards, Logo Design, Web Hosting, Domain Names search, Business Advice, Grants, reverse image search etc.
If you provide a business service, web design, printing, labels, wedding services, display equipment etc, then please get in touch I would love to add you to this list as very often we get people looking for help. (https://thecraftynetwork.wordpress.com/this-crafty-business/business-services/)
Crafty Help Q&A’s
– Got a Crafty Question or need some help? Post a comment and The Crafty Network will try to help by searching the internet and posting the question to all our fans on Facebook. Questions and Answers will be published on this page. https://thecraftynetwork.wordpress.com/this-crafty-business/crafty-qas/
– Got a topic you would like us to open up a discussion about on our Blog, then why not leave us a comment. Also you can find links to all previous Discussion topics here.
Topics covered so far: Pricing, Photographing Crafts and Social Media., On-line Networking, A Perfect e-marketplace, Craft Fairs.
I don’t know about you, but sometimes I struggle trying to remember where to find everything on FB and also the RULES, so I thought as and when I or anybody else finds something that might be useful to everyone, I would post it up here. So if you can help with anything, please leave a comment below that section. Thanks.
TUTORIALS (NEW) https://thecraftynetwork.wordpress.com/tutorials/
Another simple tutorial will follow soon.
If anyone would like to write a tutorial and have it included in our Blog, then please get in touch.
If anyone ever has any suggestions of what else we could cover on the Blog, then please do not hesitate to get in touch, I am always open to suggestions.
We have had a 11% increase on traffic from last month.
We have had an average of 311 views/day throughout July
No. of Subscribers: 140 (19 new subscribers this month)
Top 5 Countries: USA, India, UK, Canada, Australia,
Top 5 Referrers: Facebook, Stumble Upon, Pinterest, Twitter, Google
Top 5 most popular searches: Rainbow crafts, 50 Shades of Grey Crafts, The Crafty Network, Shabby Home, Polymer Clay
Top 5 most viewed pages: – Craft Challenge ~ Book Challenge Please Vote, Craft Challenge ~ Rainbow of Crafts, Please Vote, Craft Challenge~ Sun, Sea & Sand, Please Vote, Polymer Clay tutorial, July 2012 Craft Magazine Review,
Please let me know if you found this useful or not, all feedback and comments are gratefully received.
Thanks for following.