Hello and Welcome, to the announcement of this weeks Mini Challenge Competition “A Touch of Royalty“.
As it’s the Queens Diamond Jubilee celebrations this weekend, I couldn’t by-pass the opportunity to have a Royal theme for this week’s challenge, sorry!
This could be anything to do with Royalty, anything typically British or patriotic, Anniversaries, Diamonds (or anything that sparkles).
Here are just a few interesting facts for you about the Queen:
- Queen Elizabeth II is currently the second longest-serving British monarch. She came to the throne on 6 February 1952, her coronation took place on the 2nd June 1953, the first coronation to be broadcast on television.
- The longest-serving is Queen Victoria who reigned for 63 years from 1837 – 1901
- The Queen is visited by the Prime Minister every Tuesday. She has met with 12 Prime Ministers so far during her reign.
- The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh have been married for 65 years (they married on the 20 November 1947 in Westminster Abbey)
- The Queen sends telegrams to people in the UK and Commonwealth who reach the age of 100 and to couples who celebrate their Diamond Wedding Anniversary (60th).
- The Queen has 2 birthdays, her real birthday is on the 21 April (She was born in 1926) which is a private celebration and her public birthday which is in June.
- Her full name is Elizabeth Alexandra Mary
- The Queen is 5’4” (160cm) tall.
So the theme for this Week is “A Touch of Royalty” Please interpret this however you wish, just remember it must be handmade. Please look at what you have already made, as I’m not expecting you to make something specifically for the challenge, unless of course you want to.
Good luck, I’m really looking forward to seeing this weeks entries. (Waves imaginary flag!)
All entries to be emailed to: email@example.com to be received no later than Wednesday the 30th May at 12 midnight (GMT time). Only one entry per person/business. For the full rules please visit this link Mini Challenge Rules.
Thanks & Good luck.