It has been a really good week this week. Firstly, the TCN Mini Challenge worked far better than I expected and we exceeded more than 500 views on the Blog in just one day! Second, I have just found out that our Blog has been recommended in the latest issue of Craft Seller Magazine, June 2012 issue, page 11 if you are interested, please say hello if you found us via this article?
And now I have found out that we have been nominated by Blue Button Press for the Versatile Blogger Award (VBA). I’m sooo HAPPY🙂.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.
Being nominated the VBA was a lovely surprise and something I had not heard of before, so after reading the very interesting random things about Blue Button Press. You must go over and read their Blog, it is very good, but please come back after reading it. I was straight over to the VBA page to find out about the award. It transpires by the fact that you have been nominated means you have been awarded the award, Yeh, Our First, thank you!
So there are some rules associated with receiving the VBA:
- Add the award to your blog. (Tick)
- Thank the blogger who gave it to you. Thank you to Blue Button Press, it is much appreciated.
- List the rules. (Tick)
- Mention 7 random things about yourself. See below. (Tick)
- Award to 15 or more bloggers. Also see below. (Tick)
OK, 7 Random things about me, here goes!
1. Many, many years ago I used to be an Avon Rep, don’t knock it until you’ve tried it. I did it for about 4 years from being about 15. It provided me with a good source of ‘pocket money/income’ whilst I was in school and at college, if I remember rightly I used to get about 25% commission, which was really good, I don’t know what they get now. Also, some of my best customers were men, I somehow persuaded them it would be less embarrassing to buy from me than have to go into a shop!
2. I was about 8 months pregnant with my first son, when the IRA bomb went off in Warrington Town Centre. I was shopping upstairs in Boots with my husband as the bomb went off outside the front of the store, very scary and a bit too close!
3. My favourite film is Bridget Jones’s Diary, purely for Colin Firth and Hugh Grant, but mainly for Colin Firth.
4.My favourite Book is Pride & Prejudice, I must have read this about 6 times, but I do imagine Colin Firth as Mr Darcy, I can’t help it! There is also nothing better than watching the BBC adaptation of it for 7 hours straight with a bottle of wine and a large box of chocolates.
5. I help my kids collect autographs, although we’ve not collected any for quite a while now. We have collected a lot from the Harry Potter cast. I also have a few autographs of my own from; Colin Firth, Hugh Grant, Robert Pattinson (Twilight), Robert Downey Jnr to name just a few!
6. I love crisps, all flavours, although my current favourite has to be M&S Roast Beef & Onion. I could survive off crisps if there was no other food. Not very healthy I know!
7. I can touch the bottom of my nose with my tongue! (No picture thank goodness!)
I’m still learning a lot about Blogging, it’s not something I had ever considered doing or thought I would do, until I started The Crafty Network. But now I am well and truly hooked, I am also inspired and helped by many great Bloggers out there. Here are just a few that I would like to share with you and Award the VBA:
Have a great day and always remember to do something you enjoy every day.