Hi there, here on The Crafty Network Blog things are constantly changing, being added to and updated, almost on a daily basis. It is not my wish to keep bombarding you with these changes as I’m sure it could get a little annoying, but I do feel you may be missing out by not knowing about them. Also, when I publish new pages and make updates to existing pages/posts no notification is actually sent out.
So I was thinking the easy solution would be to write a monthly Blog Update, giving you a summary of the New Pages and Posts added during the month and which have been updated. Then it is up to you if you would like to take a look.
New Posts this month:
– Featured Crafter – Sandra June Originals (Sculpturer) https://thecraftynetwork.wordpress.com/2012/02/06/the-crafty-network-featured-crafter-sandra-june-originals/
– This Crafty Business – How to Make the jump! by Maeri Howard. https://thecraftynetwork.wordpress.com/2012/02/09/this-crafty-business-how-to-make-the-jump/
– Magazine Review – Issue 3 Creative Stamping https://thecraftynetwork.wordpress.com/2012/02/14/the-crafty-network-magazine-review-issue-3-creative-stamping/
– Featured Crafter – Dab and a Dash (Journals)https://thecraftynetwork.wordpress.com/2012/02/20/the-crafty-network-featured-seller-dab-and-a-dash/
– Discussion Topic – Pricing Your Crafts? https://thecraftynetwork.wordpress.com/2012/02/23/the-crafty-network-discussion-pricing-your-crafts/
– Featured Crafter – Cut Out Girls (Leather & Knitted bags/satchels) https://thecraftynetwork.wordpress.com/2012/02/27/the-crafty-network-featured-crafter-cut-out-girls/
CRAFT DIRECTORY UPDATES (https://thecraftynetwork.wordpress.com/facebook-directories/)
– This month I concentrated on getting new businesses added to The Papercrafts & Cards Category and the Handmade Jewellery Category
– New Business were also added to the following Categories: Baby & children’s Items, Bags, Cakes, Fabrics, Photography, Candles & Soaps and Weddings.
Please leave a comment against a category if you would like your business adding.
Quite a few new events were added this month and there are now over 50 current events listed, including Papercraft & Bead Fairs. Many of the organisers are still looking for stallholders for their craft events, so if you see anything you fancy, please contact the Organisers (their contact details are under the same Pull down menu) or visit our Facebook page Events Tab for more details.
There has been a bit of a re-jig and face-lift to this page this month. Now all the Event Organisers can be found in Alphabetical order and with their logos/picture included were possible (I’m still working my way through these). Also a few new businesses have been added this month.
– New Pages added to this Menu:
– Workshop & Course Providers – This Page is for companies that organise craft workshops or craft training courses, there are currently 8 listings, offering silk painting courses, sewing, jewellery, children’s workshops etc. Please get in touch if you offer any type of craft/arts courses/training and would like to be added. (https://thecraftynetwork.wordpress.com/craft-fair-tips-advice/workshop-course-providers/)
– Make & Do Studio Spring Workshop schedule added. (https://thecraftynetwork.wordpress.com/craft-fair-tips-advice/make-do-studio-workshops-spring-2012-schedule/)
I have now added a new Photo Gallery tab, which will include photos of the Wednesday Mini Challenge Winners and Runners Up and winners of any other competitions we may hold.
– Facebook Networking Pages (https://thecraftynetwork.wordpress.com/where-to-sell/facebook-networking-pages/)
Quite a few new additions to this Page, I have now also included the number of likes each page has so you can see how big their fan base is. (please bear in mind this is not an exact number as the numbers are constantly growing, I have tried to show the number as >???+ fans)
– Where to Sell you Items: (https://thecraftynetwork.wordpress.com/where-to-sell/where-to-sell-your-crafts/)
I have now started to include the Site Logos for each of the Websites/On-line marketplaces listed, so they are more easily recognisable. This month, I have finished reviewing: Things British and ASOS MarketPlace and added the new link to online Marketplace Frooly. I have also included under Own Website a number of site links where you can build your own website for free, I am hoping in the future to review these further and do write ups on a new page section..
New sections added:
– Selling Rules & Regulations (https://thecraftynetwork.wordpress.com/where-to-sell/selling-rules-regulations/)
A list of links providing guidance on Distance selling Regulations, Copyright. Angel Policy regarding using licenced stamps. More will be added as and when I find something useful.
THIS CRAFTY BUSINESS:
– New post this month – How to Make the Jump? (see above for link)
New sections added:
– Business Services. I thought I would add this page to give you links to businesses/people who offer services such as; Web design, printing, Business Cards, Logo Design, Web Hosting, Domain Names search, Business Advice etc. Anyone who would like to be added to this Page please leave a comment on that page. (https://thecraftynetwork.wordpress.com/this-crafty-business/business-services/)
We are now adding in Business Logos and their links to our right hand side bar.
Make & Do Studio – Writer of This Crafty Business Posts.
Purple Penguin Beads – Top secret reason, more to follow on this shortly!! They are currently offering a 10% discount on your first order if you quote TCN10%.
The Winner of the Wednesday Mini Facebook Challenge: Their logo will be featured for a period of 2 weeks, then replaced by the next Winner.
The Peartree Boutique – Winner of the first mini Facebook Mini Challenge: ‘Warm Me Up’ (8 Feb) as voted by fans for their gorgeous quilt. (see photo below and click on their logo on the side to visit their site). The other 2 photos chosen by me for the vote were A lovely ‘Happy Sunshine’ journal by Dab and a Dash (https://www.facebook.com/Dab.and.a.dash) and lovely colourful and warm fleece scarfs by Monkeys from Heaven http://shop.monkeysfromheaven.co.uk/epages/es137668.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es137668/Categories.
Baobab Tree Mosaics (See link on right hand side bar)– Winner of the (22 Feb) Wednesday Mini Challenge, St David’s Day, Runners Up: Rosewood Crafts for hand painted glass vase https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rosewood-Crafts/204064066273259?ref=ts) , Fantoosh by Sonia Adam for a daffodil applique cushion (https://www.facebook.com/FantooshbySonia).
I also thought you might like to know some of the sites stats for the month:
We have had a 46% increase on traffic from last month.
No. of Subscribers: 65
Top 5 Referrers: Facebook, Folksy, Stumble Upon, UK Craftblog, Twitter
Top 5 most popular searches: Handmade Necklaces, Handsewn gifts, Handmade crafts, sewn gifts, handsewn felt items
Top 5 Business Clicks: Sandra June Originals, Clarkie Designs, Made By Michelle, The Peartree Boutique, The Make and Do Studio,
Top 5 most viewed pages: – Discussion – Pricing Your Crafts, Craft Directory, This Crafty Business – How to make the Jump, Facebook Networking Pages, Featured Crafter – Sandra June Originals
Crafter Showcases here and on Facebook:
March: Mothers Day Showcase (Closing Date: 4th March)
April: Easter/Spring Showcase
May: Birthday/Anniversary Showcase (It’s our 1st Birthday – so look out for some surprises)
June: Fathers Day Showcase
July: Summer Showcase
September/October: Autumn/Winter Showcase
November/December: Christmas Showcase
Also keep a look out for the bi-weekly Wednesday Mini Challenge on our Facebook page. The next challenge will be on 7th March, hope you can join in.
Please let me know if you found this useful or not, all feedback and comments are gratefully received, (to at least let me know someone read it, lol)?
Thanks for following.